Wednesday 30 July 2014

Works in Progress

     We have a Civic Holiday on Monday and I'm lucky enough to have Thursday and Friday off as well.   Whoopee!   I'm looking forward to seeing Shakespeare in the Park in Toronto with my daughter on Thursday, and we are heading off to the Beach on Monday  which leaves me lots of time in between for gardening and sewing.
    
      I'm always working on lots of projects at once which gives me many options to choose from.   I have the binding to put on the d.w.r. for my son who is getting married in 2 1/2 weeks.   I was hoping to have it all finished by Friday but it looks like it's going to be a bit longer at this point.  I've also got the fabric washed to make the Staple Dress,  and I'm way behind on my Park Bench, but I'll share here two projects I have on the design wall.


     This will be my version of the  Giant Chevron Quilt by Jess of Elven Garden Quilts.  Jess is hosting a free motion quilt along at her blog.  You don't have to use her pattern but I chose to.  The half square triangles are made with 10 inch squares. I had been looking for something to do with this layer cake that I picked up at Three Gals and a Quilt Shop in Huntsville last summer.  It's Happy Go Lucky by Bonnie and Camille and I think it will work just fine. This will be a pretty easy quilt to put together.  I'm excited to practice my fmq with the quilt along!



     The other project on the wall is the Modern  Blocks Table Runner made with a fat eight Rubies Oakshot pack.  The pattern is by Lynne Goldsworthy from Lily's Quilts.  Sorry the lighting in the room isn't the best in the evening.  I've got four blocks sewn and ready for trimming and I think eight to go.   It should be a fun and productive weekend.  Linking up to Le'ts Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts and W.I.P. Wednesday at The Needle and Thread Network.

6 comments:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

Enjoy your long weekend it sounds like you lots of fun planned! Visiting from Let's Bee Social.

Gina said...

Have fun on your long weekend. I love your version of the Chevron Quilt. THis sew along is going to be fun xxx

Beth said...

I love your chevron quilt. Enjoy your nice long weekend!

pinsandneedles said...

Love the chevron quilt! Pretty colors...can't wait to see it complete.

Maryse said...

Both projects are lovely!

Lorna McMahon said...

Two very pretty WIP's you have there, Lisa. Each of them look like fun projects! Hope your weekend has been wonderful, so far!