Monday 13 October 2014

Block Along Update

     It's grey and damp on this  Thanksgiving  long weekend Monday  but we are hoping to get a hike in this afternoon with our friends.   Hmm we'll have to see if it's still raining later in the day.  The last two days the weather has been phenomenal so I can live with a rainy day.  I have been pretty busy  so I just managed to squeak in my second Tula Pink block this morning (I'm going to link up on the right day today) and I have no new alphabet blocks to share.   Maybe I can get 4 alphabet blocks done next week, although it's looking pretty busy as well.

   I'm copying others who are posting by taking pictures of the block with the corresponding block in the book.  


      I'm not sure how I feel about this block.  The outside colour is really quite bright. But it looks better photographed in the book than it does on the design wall so maybe it will be o.k. in a quilt surrounded by other blocks.  The block is also very asymmetrical  and I think my brain is having a hard time adjusting to that.  This is why we do new things.

   I've gotten tired of all the pink and purple blocks I've been working on lately so I switched over to orange and gold for the next block.


     This block is the perfect block for fall.  It will be interesting to see how it fits in with all the others in my multicoloured quilt.   Linking up to the Choose Your Own Block Along at Live a Colorful Life.
  

4 comments:

Live a Colorful Life said...

Pretty! I should photograph my blocks with the book too.

Cathy said...

Oh, I think those two blocks will look great in your multicolored quilt. You are right to try new things. I'm having a hard time all around with some of the "modern" blocks... they just don't really float my boat but I must say I've seen some nice Tula inspired quilts.

Andee said...

Enjoying seeing your Tula blocks take shape! Sort of gives me a preview of what is to come!

Lisa J. said...

Thanks for the comments.