Wednesday 16 September 2015

Pup One, Pup Two

   
      Today I'm sharing my progress on the dog gone quilt along blocks.

     May I introduce you to Pup One



     and Pup Two.



     These guys are the smaller size of the Dog Gone Cute quilt along that Lorna is running at Sew Fresh Quilts.  I'm having lots of fun making these blocks.  Some of the pieces are quite small but I'm liking the results. 

Here they are together.



 They are going to make one cute lap sized quilt.  I'll have to make extra puppies to get it to the size I want.

     The background fabric is quilters linen by Robert Kaufman which is 100 percent cotton but with a textured look to the fabric.  I've used it before in grey and I really love it.  So far the pups are made of scraps.  I'm planning on a rainbow of puppies.  

     I'll have to wait to share other things I have been working on because I'm off to my second meeting of this week.  This is my busy season at work, and my life is very full. On Saturday I'm at a trade show for the day and I'm spending Monday to Wednesday of next week in meetings in a neighbouring city.  

I'm linking up with Let's Bee Sewcial at Sew Fresh Quilts.



     

18 comments:

Chiska said...

They are so fun! I need to get going on that project.

krislovesfabric said...

Great colors :)

Mack and Mabel said...

Lovely pups!

Lorna McMahon said...

Oh, these two pups are bright and fun! That background fabric is perfect for this and gives just the right amount of contrast to those brights and the white. Going to have to look into trying some of that out. Looking forward to seeing all the new additions to your pack as you find the time to quilt between meetings!

Cheryl said...

Very fun! I really like your prints.

Sandra Walker said...

Adorable pups, Lisa! That background is great. Still haven't caved, but crumbling fast, lol. My dogs each need a cover for their daybeds (yep, night bed and daybed, spoiled fur kids) and my grandson would probably love a puppy quilt since he can't have one of his own (allergic), and I keep seeing these cuties all over the 'net!

Tish Stemple said...

I love these little dogs so much! Great choice in fabrics.

Sewmotion said...

Gorgeous pups, great fabric choices, well done!

Ruth said...

Love the fabrics you've used for the faces - that gold is really lovely!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Your pups look great, and seeing them in a rainbow will be delightful! Good luck getting through this buy season, but at least you have something cute and fun to sew in your free time. :)

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

Oh Lisa, these are so doggone cute, They do look really great and lap quilt will be brilliant in those bright colours

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

Love your puppies! The navy background really makes them pop.

Chantal said...

These pups are popping up all over the web. They are so cute. I want one too ... or two. Love your choice of fabric.

Cut&Alter said...

Loving the pups! I too had thought of rainbow dogs but have been given a colour scheme by the birthday girl!!

Heide said...

What super cute pups! Great fabrics, looking forward to the hop. I just got my quilt back from the quilter and so ready to share! I will wait until the big hop day, hope you stop by, Oct 22 is my day. Hugs, Heide

Kaja said...

I love your pups. I don't know how it works, but I reckon the different fabric choices give each one a different facial expression.

Linda in Calif. said...

Your little doggies are turning out so cute. Love the colors and the background color.

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Very cute dogs!!!