Monday 24 April 2017

Free Fall Quilt Along Progress

     I've been feeling pretty happy lately.  Although it's still a bit cold, it's been more Spring like.   The longer days filled with bird song and sun make such a difference to my mood.  At work things have been a bit of a strain with our computers and consequently cash registers, and debit machines acting up but I think things have all been sorted out now.  It's amazing how much things like that can take a toll.

     I've been working on catching up with the Honey Pot Bee ( I'll post about that later in the week) and I've been keeping up with my part of Sandra's quilt along Free Fall.  It's great doing this quilt along with my friends as I have less to do and I'm able to keep up.   Here are my blocks for this week.


     But the joke is on me because as I look at them I can see that I made a mistake in two of them and I'm going to have to fix them.  So I guess I'm not all caught up. It's a pretty easy fix that I'll do tonight.  All the fabric for this quilt is at my friend Wendy's so I have no shadow leaf point to share and I suspect it's not done yet.
    
   The three of us are making this together as a donation quilt and we are expanding on the size and the number of leaf blocks in the background section so one friend is making three blocks on this off white background and one friend is making four.  That friend is making one less of the blocks on the shadow background.  At the last link up I hadn't quite completed my blocks on the shadow leaf background.  So here they are.  Let's see if I made any mistakes with these.


     They look pretty good.   I'm off to work in a few minutes so I'll leave you here.  I'm linking up with Beth of Cooking up Quilts, Sandra of Musings of a Menopausal Melon, and Kat of Kat and Cat Quilts.  This last link up is pretty new to me.  It's a weekly link up of charitable quilts called Sew Some Love.

17 comments:

Bonnie said...

Ha! Don't you "love" mistakes. When I first glanced at your blocks on the off white background I thought, oh -- nice leaf blocks. They look good. And, then when I read about the oops! I went back and had to figure out what the oops were. Oh yea, now I see it. And, yes they should be easily fixed. I like the idea of making a quilt along quilt with friends to end up with a charity quilt. Brilliant. I'm going to talk to my girlfriend about that as we do make charity quilts together sometimes.

Vicki in MN said...

Took me a few seconds to see what the mnistake was, sorry you have be a froggy tonight-rip it, rip it. It will be fun to see the other's blocks.

Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl said...

Isn't it amazing how a photograph can make mistakes appear out of nowhere? I hope they don't take long to fix. I know what I will be working on in the next few days!

Pamela said...

Great fabrics and blocks!

Tish Stemple said...

I almost missed the mistakes. I don't know that I would have noticed at all if you hadn't mentioned them :) Hopefully, it doesn't take too long to fix. Your progress is looking great.

Nicole said...

Yep, that brown one is definitely a little cockeyed! Bummer about having to stitch rip. I just dismantled 8 blocks, and need to get them resewn.

Raewyn said...

Your leaves are extra twirley with a fun bit of movement! A fun way to make the quilt - with friends for charity.

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

Ok, I'll admit it, I can't see any mistakes, mind you I will admit to having just had a glass of red wine, ok, two glasses. But you know leaves come in all shapes and sizes and nature isn't perfect, in fact in anything else we celebrate imperfections for the originality it brings. I wouldn't change them.

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

I think it's great you are working with your friends to make this into a charity quilt. It must be fun to work on a project like this together. I hope you get your mistakes fixed without too much trouble!

Cheryl said...

The blocks look great, what fun leaf colors!

Diana @ Red Delicious Life said...

How does that even happen? It's like a camera has some magical ability to make a mistake appear out of nowhere. Sorry you have to fix 2 of the blocks but the colors all look great.

works4me said...

It was pretty easy to get a section backwards if your attention was diverted for even a second. Ask me how I know. :) Good that you spotted it early and it is an easy fix. Great fabrics and a wonderful way to connect with friends.

Nancy J said...

Great way to do a quilt with friends, I had one mistake early on, and a friend noticed it straight away. Lovely colours you have chosen.

Kat said...

Your Leaf blocks look great, I love the colors. It took me awhile to find the mistake, so it is not too obvious. Thanks for linking up :-)

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

I can't see any mistakes at first glance. Looking great to me. Good idea to do it with friends collaboratively and make it a donation quilt.

Sandra Walker said...

I'm with everyone on the huh? There is a mistake? And had to take a second look. Your fabrics just have me DROOLING so you could have multiple mistakes and I'd probably still not see them!

Ruth said...

I only ever see it in photos and never on the sewn item - only twice did I not catch it until after quilting - getting better at looking at the photos I guess!