Thursday 4 May 2017

One Monthly Goal for May

     It's time to set my Monthly Goal for May and I've decided to tackle putting the top together for my 2016 Stash Bee Top.
I chose the Circle of Squares or Circle of Friends block for that project.  It's been a year since I posted the tutorial to my bee mates so it it will be nice to put it together for that anniversary.


          The pattern for these blocks came from Janeth of Toefeather.  I altered the pattern to make 15 1/2" blocks not thinking about the fact that my biggest squaring up ruler is 12 1/2".  Lisa of Lisa in Port Hope shared  in a comment with me how she squares blocks using her cutting mat, but I've managed to borrow a really big squaring up ruler from Cheryl so I will be able to use that. 

     So while I wait for the last of my 2017 bee blocks to arrive, I'll move the 2016 blocks closer to completion.

     What's your monthly goal for May? 
 I'm linking up with the OMG goal link up at Elm Street Quilts.

11 comments:

Scrapatches said...

I love this pattern. Pretty blocks. Looking forward to seeing what you do with these. Have a Happy May completing your goal ... :) Pat

Tish Stemple said...

Piecing last years blocks together is a great goal while you wait for your next blocks to come in. You will have that top completed in no time.

Lisa in Port Hope said...

Well, I have a lot of things on the go, so I'm not sure what I would pick for May. Have fun with your blocks!

Edith said...

Love the fabrics in these, so crisp and clean looking.

Patty said...

Great blocks! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project!

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

This is one of my favourite quilt blocks and makes such a wonderful scrap quilt. I'll be interested in seeing how you quilt it.

Gina said...

Great blocks. Can't wait to see them all together xx

Julierose said...

Hi there--my hubby thinks your pix and mine look like we could be sisters?? (Except i'm a whole lot older than you are i am sure!!;0000) Amazing...anyway...I digress...your blocks are lovely

Afton Warrick said...

Yipes! I had better get on making my monthly goal. I love this block. It'll be such a neat quilt. It sounds like you were subconsciously searching for an excuse to buy a new ruler. I treated myself to a 20.5" Omnigrip ruler a bit ago. It's great for squaring up quilts and large blocks, but not many quilt shops keep them in stock. Thank goodness for Cheryl.

Preeti said...

It must be the natural light which shows off those fabrics so beautifully. I am sure you will make your OMG. I have a humongous queen size quilt to finish in May.

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

I really enjoyed making those, or some of them, for you last year Lisa. I look forward to seeing the completed quilt.